Like Mana from Heaven

Okay, so it's theoretically my last night on the floor for two days. So  I get to work, everything's fine, everything's good...lo and behold, a box of extra large gloves. It was like Christmas had come early. Finally, gloves that fit! My patients were all doing well, all I needed to do was survive, and not get called in tomorrow.

Now, that's still a possibility, but at least I get a few extra hours to myself even if I am called in. Laundry desperately needs to be done, as do dishes. I could catch up on my sleep, binge-watch The Expanse. Just generally rest my aching body, take a long hot shower.

My daily routine is fairly straightforwards- I wake up, check my messages, shower, and eat in the hour before work, as well as deal with anything unexpected as best I can. I get home about twelve and a half hours later, eat a little bit, call my wife, watch an episode of something before I head to bed. Rinse and repeat.

Day after day, it requires a fair bit of drive and Tylenol. The weather isn't great either- rain and fog as autumn starts to close in on the Arctic, with whitecaps on the waves in the bay.

Still, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Comments